We went to our favorite Indian vegetarian deli the other day and piled up on uttapams, pakoras, and dosas… always delicious and satisfying. When we were finished (patting our bellies lovingly), the manager talked us into getting a recommended dessert. It was called fooldi khufta or something. When it arrived we stared at it, poking gingerly. It was by far the strangest dessert ever.
Here’s what it was:
Some kind of cold grainy mascarpone-like cheese with chunks of ice-cubes, a purply raspberry-esque syrup, pistachios, and cold spaghetti noodles. Yes, that's right: cold spaghetti noodles! The noodles are what put it over the top… an undisputed dessert oddity.
Texturally, it was just too bizarre. Between three of us, we weren’t able to finish it. It would have made a great prop for a Halloween fun-house. You know, a dish of cold “guts” to scare children.
It sure scared me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am a lover of all things dessert. But even this sounds like something I could not swallow!!!
I'd tap that thang.
Post a Comment